Slow Cooked Ribs…mmmmm, sounds heavenly huh? Well, my guys thought so! I watched them devour these ‘fattier than I’d like ribs’ that took 14 hours to cook, while I happily savored every moment of my taters.
I’m making every effort to make my crockpot feel loved. I’ve always used it for the basics like beans but have never really ventured too far beyond that. I’m way too comfortable with the same type of cooking and thought it was time to take a risk!!! I know, watch out right?!
This was one of the easiest recipes that took 5 minutes to prep and 14 hours to cook. They could definitely be cooked faster but I wanted them to be done so that when my kids came home from school, they’d have a hot, home cooked meal to fill their belly. These were also a fattier cut of ribs. I’d much prefer a leaner cut but my fellas didn’t seem to mind at all. Once done with their meal, I heard lots of moaning and watched them lay around, trying hard not to fall asleep. Around here that means they were a hit! I’ll post my tiny secret to my homestyle taters a little later.
I had never tried this French Onion Condensed Soup from Campbell’s but it gave the ribs a lot of flavor!
Of course, being married to a cowboy, we always have a few beers on hand. My husband actually cooks a lot with beer………
Recipe: Slow Cooked Short Ribs
- 6 serving-sized pieces beef short ribs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 can of beer
- Place the beef into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add the brown sugar, garlic, and flour and toss to coat.
- Pour the soup and beer over the beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for up to 14 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
You can cook on high to save time!
Other rib recipes of interest: