Wow, what a year this has been for me on and offline. I can’t imagine that 2010 will even compare but I’d be tickled if it did. When I first started blogging, I never expected to fall in love with it like I did. I never expected to find myself blessed with the opportunities that have come my way or to meet as many amazing people that I have. I truly have been blessed this year and am grateful for every bit of it.
I felt like all year, I remained true to myself. I represented myself in a manner that I’m proud of; whether that be personally, with my blogs, with other bloggers & friends, or with brands. I hope that they feel the same way.
THINGS I WANT TO SEE IN 2010
- 1. Bloggers choosing quality over quantity.
- 2. PR folks choosing quality over quantity.
- 3. So cliche I know but losing weight.
- 4. Expanding my community, successfully.
- 5. Staying organized.
- 6. Emails–replying in a more timely manner.
- 7. Spend more time with friends.
- 8. BE a better friend, mentor, mom, wife, sister, Aunt, and daughter.
- 9. Enjoy offline time a little more with my favorite things like crocheting, photography, family, and quilting.
- 10. Say thank you more.
THINGS I WANT TO SEE LESS OF IN 2010
- 11. “top” lists. I hate them. They are high school and biased.
- 12. Copycats. Come on guys, get your creativity on.
- 13. Bloggers who see other niches doing well so they dive in and do it too, regardless of whether they love it or not. aka copycats I suppose.
- 14. Bloggers rushing to use their blogs to attack a company.
- 15. Lame PR pitches.
- 16. Less drama for crying out loud. Grow up already.
- 17. Whining–aka jealousy of what others get. You want it too? Work for it.
I have always been content with what I have. I don’t want to be famous, to be on the Today Show or a speak at major conferences. I just want to do what I love to the best of my ability. So aside from the few things I mentioned above that I want to see in 2010, I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing. Being me.
Now for a roundup of some of the more popular posts here at A Cowboy’s Wife.
- Blogging with Cents: Bloggers, What Does Your Disclosure Say?
- Blogging with Cents: Avoiding Bloggers Debt
- Blogging with Cents: Tips on How to Buy a Domain Name
- A Blogger’s Will – Preparing Your Blog for Your Death
- Setting Blog Goals and Defining Success
- The Importance of a Demographic Survey for Your Media Kit
- The Importance of “Real Life” Friends
- Just Said No
- Taking Five to Focus on Family
- My Biggest Fear Could Have Came True
- Finding Faith – Believing and Reaching Out
- Not Quite an 8 Second Ride
- 1000+ Photoshop Actions, Plugins, Presets, Tutorials and Brushes
- The Many Looks of Lori
- Shaquille ONeal and A Cowboy’s Wife on a Plane, Together
- MY Fashion Favorite – FLIP FLOPS Cowgirl Style!
- Day 1 of Rattlesnake Hunting on the Ranch
- One of 25 Texas Social Media Award Winners
- Brooke Burke, Mel B in LA with Me and the Girls AND us on the Insider
- Hold on, Steers in the Yard
- No Longer a Starbucks Virgin
- Almost Wordless Wednesday: A Panasonic LIHD Family
FAVORITE PRODUCTS I REVIEWED
- Dyson, Oh How I Love Thee
- Why Do They Motivate Me So?
- Clarisonic Really Does Work!
- A Few of My Favorite Things
I had a blast attending Blogher this year.
One of my favorite events was with TJMaxx.
Had a BLAST at SeaWorld!!
4 of my FAVORITE PHOTOS (don’t want to make the page load slowly but i have so many more I love.)
WHAT ARE SOME OF OUR FAVORITES MOMENTS OF 2009?
If you wrote a post, share the direct link here with us!