This recipe was submitted by Sherri W, into March’s Food Challenge where the theme is GREEN!
- 1 1/2 lbs of brussel sprouts
- 1/4 lb father’s tomato blt bacon (bacon of choice)
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3-4 thinly sliced or minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- wash and trim brussel sprouts. cut tips off and slice in half
- cut bacon into 1/2 inch strips
- in a large heated frying pan add the evoo and bacon pieces. fry bacon until crispy. remove the bacon and set aside.
- toast garlic about 1 minute until golden brown. remove and set aside
- add brussel sprouts, thyme and salt (if needed) and pepper to pan. don’t crowd in pan. pan roast brussel sprouts about 5 to 6 on each side until golden brown
- add bacon and roasted garlic to the brussel sprouts
This is an excellent side dish for St. Patricks Day. Serve with corned beef and oven roasted potatoes. Enjoy!!