A crowd is coming over for the big game. The beer is cold, the salsa is hot, and there are bowls of chips on every surface… but the snack that will keep them coming back for more is a huge bowl of caramel corn sweetened with maple and studded with chunks of bacon and pecans. It’s a good thing this recipe makes a lot, because the combination of sweet, savory, and salty is simply irresistible y’all.
If you’ve read me continuously, then you’ll recall that I partnered up with Fisher Nuts to bring delicious recipes, straight from ‘a cowboy’s wife kitchen’. I’ve made Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Rolls and Texas Pecan Pie Brownies. Today, I’m bringing you the perfect game time snack, Bacon Pecan Caramel Corn for a Crowd. Need I say more? Nope, but I will.
Being surrounded by guys, aka, the loves of my life, I have to always beef up the average appetizer, and bacon is the ultimate way to a fella’s heart ain’t it?! Caramel corn is really very easy to make and a whole cheaper than buying a box at the store. You really should consider making it yourself and even taking it to the game day party host’s house. I promise you’ll get compliments left and right!
Just like in the other recipes, I used Fisher Nuts Pecans. They’re always fresh, come in a resealable bag, and always priced right. I had intended on doing a post with almonds but then ended up eating them as my healthy snack during the day.
Sorry the coloring is off a bit in the photos below. I’m always a work in p
I hope you guys enjoy the recipe and let me know who you’re rootin’ for!!! I won’t say who I’m hopin’ will win but let’s just say, YEEHAW!!! teehee
Bacon Pecan Caramel Corn for a Crowd
By January 30, 2014Published:
A crowd is coming over for the big game. The beer is cold, the salsa is hot, and there are bowls of chips on every surface… but the …
- 6 quarts popped corn
- 2-3 cups Fisher Nuts Pecans chopped into large pieces
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Chop bacon into bite-size pieces and place in a skillet over medium heat. Cook slowly, stirring often. The bacon should be thoroughly cooked but not crispy. Drain well on paper towels.
- In a very large pan (a roasting pan works well) combine the popcorn, pecans, and bacon.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan on medium heat. Add the honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Stop stirring and let the mixture continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- While the syrup is cooking, prepare two large pans with rims by spraying with cooking spray.
- Remove the pan from burner and add the maple flavoring and baking soda. Stir well.
- Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and stir until most of the popcorn is coated.
- Put half of the coated popcorn on each pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times during the baking process.
- Remove from oven and place the pans on cooling racks and allow the caramel corn to cool completely in the pans.
- Store in airtight containers.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Disclosure: Again, I’m thrilled to be partnered up with Fisher Nuts but as always, my opinions are my own. ALWAYS y’all.