You would think with a house full of fellas, Valentine’s Day would be pretty special for me…….wrong. And that’s okay! I’m perfectly capable of making it a special day myself by whipping up some bite size cherry pies! I might even share!
The great thing about these bite size cherry pies, is that they are super simple to make. Seriously. They are pretty enough to serve at a girlfriend get-together, sweet enough to make for a teacher, and just the perfect size to take to your kiddo’s Valentine’s Day party at school!
There are only 3 ingredients to this and all can be bought at your local grocer. I mentioned it below but most of the time you’ll be able to find the Wilton candy melts in the baking section at Walmart but I gotta say, I buy most everything from Amazon now! I’ve never had any trouble finding them, in several colors to boot.
- 1 box of rolled, ready to bake pie crust
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 4 ounces quality white chocolate dyed pink or pink chocolate for melting, I prefer Wilton candy melts.
- Cut your heart shape out with a cookie cutter. You'll need two pieces to make one pie.
- Place a cherry in the middle of heart and add another another heart shape on top.
- Seal with fork by pressing edges.
- Bake at 350' for about 8-10 minutes or until done.
- "Glaze" with your melted chocolates!