Valentine’s Day is approaching and boy have I got a fun idea that would be great for a school party for the kids and teacher. Brach’s create your own conversation hearts allows you to personalize these fun candy hearts with an edible food coloring pen. This is a fabulous idea because I know I have personally wanted to add my own wording to suit just my husband or just one son or a friend. Truett really had fun writing all this friend’s names on a heart. He thought it was the coolest thing ever actually and he even drew pictures on them.
Me and Truett thought it would be fun to create a small candy hearts bouquet using the new conversation hearts. I wrote #1 Teacher on it, per Truett’s instructions. Click on any image below to enlarge it. Have fun with this! The possibilities are endless and I know I mentioned for school parties but this would be a cheerful fun way to brighten the days in your friend’s and family’s lives.
CANDY HEARTS BOUQUET
- Container (we used the little cups found in the Valentine’s Day section at Walmart)
- Conversation Hearts
- Cake Pop Stick (or something similar)
- On a piece of conversation heart, create your own message or word. We used #1 Teacher.
- Add a few pieces of conversation candy hearts to a plastic baggie and pound until broken into small pieces.
- Ice your cookie with the standard icing found at the store.
- Add your heart with the word on it in the center, followed by a sprinkling and soft pat of the broken pieces.
- On the opposite side of the cookie, add a glop of icing to the back and place your stick on it, making sure it’s covered well.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes to harden the icing.
- Add ‘cookie pop’ to the container and fill with remaining conversation hearts.
What would you write on your own conversation hearts? And what would you create with them for gift giving?
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.