Carne Guisada is like a Mexican stew. Guisada means “meat in gravy*. Carne Asada is just meat (dry). This recipe is my mother’s and since she reads my blog, I knew I better give her FULL credit:) You can actually cook this in a crock pot for a few hours and it’s even more tender!!
- 1 Round steak
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumino
- 1tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1 seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs oil
- water to cover
1. Cut meat up in cubes and throw in pan with oil.
2. Dice up some potatoes while meat is browning.
3. After meat has been browned, add flour, salt, pepper, cumino, and garlic powder.
4. Add onion, bell pepper, potatoes, jalapeno, tomato sauce and enough water to cover.
5. Cover and Cook about 30 to 45 minutes.
Serve this with rice, beans, and tortillas!