Goat cheese is definitely a type of cheese that had never made it to our table in 18+ years, until the end of 2011. Chavrie, the #1 go-to folks for America’s freshest goat cheese, sent my family some to try and I have to say, I didn’t expect me or my bunch to like it all, but 3 of out 5 of us did. Truett wasn’t a fan but he’s 5 and he has lots of time to acquire a taste for new foods. The other was Toby, who is probably as picky as I am but the main reason he wasn’t a fan was because of the pecans. I should have taken that into consideration when I made it.
While I would consider goat cheese a food for the refined, I convinced myself not to be intimidated by it. I looked in my fridge and pantry, thinking about how I could incorporate Chavrie authentically into our ranch style, family friendly menu. I considered many things but decided on a finger food that I could serve up during holidays, get-togethers, and even for our Sunday Super Bowl party. This really is very easy, very few ingredients, but there is a couple of things I’d change.
1) Instead of plopping a huge spoonful of the goat cheese spread on each slice of pretzel roll, I’d spread a thinner layer.
2) I’d probably bake for even longer to allow the pretzel roll slices to crust up a bit. Although, I’m not sure how that would effect the goat cheese spread.
With that said, here is how I decided to use the Chavrie goat cheese.
I took the Chavrie Original 5.3oz package, mixed with honey and a few finely chopped pecans, and spread over slices of pretzel rolls. I just baked until the roll slices were warm. I used Sister Shubert’s Pretzel Rolls and sliced them into 4 pieces. Don’t ask me amounts because to be quite honest, I didn’t measure the honey at all. I just poured
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!
This is a fantastic giveaway that includes lovely Crate and Barrel items and Chavrie Goat Cheese goodies.
This list is as followed:
- Crate and Barrel Sweets Pedestal $24.95
- Crate and Barrel 5-piece Mixing Bowl Set $34.96
- Crate and Barrel French Wire Wisk $10.95
- Crate and Barrel Set of 4 Magnetic Measuring Cups $9.95
- Crate and Barrel Set of 4 Magnetic Measuring Spoons $7.95
- Chavrie Fresh Goat Cheese Coupons
- Chavrie Dessert Recipes
- For the Love of Goat Cheese Cookbooks
———->To enter this giveaway, you simply need to answer the following question (this is required to be entered):
Which recipe would you make if you won this fabulous prize package?
Be sure to pay the kind sponsor of the giveaway a visit too!
Chavrie’s Facebook page They have a coupon on there too!
This giveaway ends on February 9th, about 4pm CST. In full disclosure, Chavrie sent me the same prize package, as well as, sponsored this giveaway. All opinions are my own.