Hi, I’m Charla, and I’m writing a guest post for Lori today. I found this recipe that sounds tasty, yet the fat content has been greatly reduced:
- 6 medium pototoes, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 8 oz. shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt (instead of sour cream)
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk (instead of butter)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cups cornflakes
Preheat oven to 350′. Spray a 10″ x 9″ baking dish with no-stick spray. In a blender or food processor, process the corn flakes into coarse crumbs. (or place in a large plastic bag and roll with rolling pin)
In a large bowl, mix the cheese, soup, yogurt, milk and onions together. Coarsely shred the potatoes and stir them into the soup mixture.
Transfer mixture to baking dish. Top with cornflakes. Bake for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
(Calories are cut by approximately a third and fat is reduced by 75% compared to the regular recipe.)