Come on now y’all! You had to know that with all the Twinkie hooha, that I’d write something about them! I decided to take the most awesome Hostess Twinkie and make it even more awesome’r with Chocolate Dipped Twinkies, topped with Strawberry ‘Glaze’. OMYCOW!
I’ve been waiting for the Hostess snacks to come to our Walmart and finally they were there today!! We actually don’t keep hardly any sugary treats in our home so this is definitely a sweet reward to give yourself every so often. It’s sweet and decadent FO SHO! And the best part, it takes a total of 20 minutes or so from start to finish. And if you’re wondering why I put –> ‘ ‘ around Glaze, well it’s ’cause it’s actually strawberry jam! I’m dipping already made Twinkies in chocolate y’all…who has time to make glaze!
My husband has been begging me to make a fried twinkie, just like at the fairs. I may do that for our anniversary! lol The Hostess Twinkies are just like I remember, fantabulous! We also bought their apple and cherry fried pies and I had forgotten how wonderful those are, especially warmed up!
One happy cowboy!
Chocolate Dipped Twinkies with Strawberry 'Glaze'
By July 23, 2013Published:
Come on now y'all! You had to know that with all the Twinkie hooha, that I'd write something about them! I decided to take the …
- 1 package Hostess Twinkies
- 1 package Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 jar Strawberry jam
- 2 Tablespoons Canola or Vegetable Oil
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Do not overcook. Should take 60 seconds or less total.
- Dip your Hostess Twinkies in the melted chocolate and place on wax paper. Store in fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes, until chocolate is hardened.
- Remove and top with Strawberry jam and bit of whip cream!
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.