Here’s an excellent recipe for sugar icing for sugar cookies! Since so many are asking what “icing sugar” is on this Shortbread Cookies recipe, I thought I would also let you know that it’s really just powdered (confectioners) sugar!! Most people in Canada & England use the term Icing Sugar where as most other countries use powdered or confectioners sugar term, which happen to be the same thing.
- * 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- * 2 teaspoons milk
- * 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- * 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- * assorted food coloring
1. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
2. Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.
OH, and if you want some cute cookies to put this icing on, try the Reindeer Cookies!