We love Independence Day for many reasons but in light of recent events, I have to say, I’m glad there won’t be any fireworks this year. It’s so risky with how dry things are around here.
I asked around for ideas to create a DIY 4th of July craft and had lots of replies but decided to go with 2 very easy & budget friendly ideas; Candy Filled Firecrackers and a Table Centerpiece, which was Cat’s idea. Today we’re focusing on the centerpiece, with the firecrackers coming the next day!
TABLE CENTERPIECE - By far the easiest thing I’ve ever done and the cost? $8
- Red, White, & Blue Ribbon $1.97
- Red, White, & Blue Flowers ( I went with fake so I can reuse) $2.00 each = $6
- Any clear jar or vase (anything around your house or even a drinking glass)
- Simply cut the stems off to fit nicely in your size jar that you’ve chosen. You’ll probably need a wire cutter if using fake flowers.
- Place ribbon in the jar any way you want.
- Arrange flowers in jar and in the middle of ribbon so that stems aren’t seen.
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Follow me and my fellow Walmart Moms as we share our experiences and ideas! Walmart has provided me with compensation in return for my time & efforts to create this post. My participation in this program is voluntary and my opinions are my own, always have been, always will be.