If you’re like me, you have clear vases stashed everywhere. Clear vases are usually pretty cost-friendly but not always eye appealing. This very simple DIY makeover takes less than 10 minutes and only uses two supplies, bringing the cost to less than $5 bucks if you already have a vase. And if you don’t have a clear vase, no worries. The Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2x spray paint that I used will cover anything beautifully!
I first saw this in a magazine and have been wanting to try it. Don’t ask me which magazine because I have no clue. As a magazine hoarder, I don’t know the names of half of the ones I read! What I love about this DIY project, is that I can use any type of vase, any size of rubber bands, and any color of spray paint I want and it will be original.
- Rust-Oleum Ultra Cover 2x spray paint (in your color choice)
- Rubber Bands (I got mine at walmart for less than $1)
- Place rubber bands all over vase in various directions. Make sure each band is straight and there are no twists.
- Lightly spray paint a coat over vase and rubber bands. You can stop here or add another coat or two. I wanted mine to be dark so I added a second coat. Let dry.
- Remove rubber bands and you’re done!
What a great project that the kids can help with! They can place the rubber bands anywhere they want and even spray paint (with your supervision of course), and get to see their cool creation. I love it! What projects have used with Rust-Oleum spray paint? I’m always looking for new stuff to do.
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.