Every year for the big game, we have an array of appetizers to eat. This year, we are trying a new one using Farm Rich Pizza Bites. They have several other varieties but I saw a recipe for these and thought it would be a nice change to our regular appetizers. The recipe is called Double Slice Caprese Pizza Bites. It’s basically fancying up the pizza product and it’s quite delicious! The ingredients are minimal but bursts with flavor!
If you want to keep these a little more dainty for the ladies, you simply leave off the top pizza bite but since I’m full of boyish eating habits, I’m happy to chow down on a double! The cheese is 100% Mozzarella and they have whole pepperoni slices. You can also leave them as is for the kids who are more on the picky side. These bags were under $5 bucks and a great addition to your superbowl sunday! Go RAVENS!
Do you ever dress up already made appetizers that you’ve purchased frozen? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Double Slice Caprese Pizza Bites
By February 2, 2013Published:
- Yield: 14 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Every year for the big game, we have an array of appetizers to eat. This year, we are trying a new one using Farm Rich Pizza …
- 1 22oz package Farm Rich Mini Pizza Slices
- 3 Roma Tomatoes cut into 14 slices (1/4-inch)
- 14 fresh Basil leaves
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Farm Rich Mini Pizza Slices according to package directions.
- To assemble place one slice of Roma tomato on top of a warm pizza slice.
- Top with a basil leaf, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper lightly.
- Top with another warm pizza slice and hold together with a decorative wooden skewer or toothpick.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.