We have pledged to eat healthier in 2013 so any corners we can cut to do that, we will, but slowly. I feel like we often set ourselves up for failure when we completely try to overhaul our lives with new foods, entire exercise routines, and cutting out every single thing we love. We are learning to take it a little slower by substituting various foods, cutting out one thing at a time, and incorporating fun exercise as a family. So if you’ve seen a few new healthier recipes here than usual, this is why.
Now on to this recipe. I was introduced to Land O Lakes Saute Express squares and I am in love with them!! Seriously guys. I get to try a lot of things and this has by far been one of my favorites as far as food items go. These small squares are PACKED with flavor, combining olive oil, butter, and herbs & spices. They are 60-70 calories per serving and each square has 2 servings. It has a more concentrated flavor so a little goes a long ways!
Speaking of a little, I actually used less squares than the recipe called for in this meal. Having used the squares on various recipes prior to this recipe, I have figured out how much flavor half or a whole will give. I think these squares are awesome! You’ll find them with the butter. Go check them out y’all.
Garlic Chicken with Potatoes & Green Beans
By January 11, 2013Published:
- Yield: 04 Servings
- Cook: 30 mins
We have pledged to eat healthier in 2013 so any corners we can cut to do that, we will, but slowly. I feel like we often set …
- 8 small red potatoes
- 3 squares Land O Lakes Garlic & Herb Sauté Express Sauté Starter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12-ounce pkg fresh pre-trimmed green beans
- Pierce potatoes with fork in 2-3 places. Microwave 3-5 minutes or until just beginning to soften.
- Melt 2 Sauté Express squares in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat just until bubbles begin to form.
- Add chicken.
- Sauté 13-18 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on both sides and done (165°F). Remove from skillet.
- Melt remaining 1 Sauté Express square in skillet. Cut potatoes into bite-sized wedges and add to skillet with green beans. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and green beans are tender.
- Slice chicken; serve over potatoes and green beans. (We chose to serve side by side since we have a little guy who hates mixing food.)
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
I have used these squares sauted with shrimp, with toasted french bread, and Toby’s favorite healthy meal, Salmon & Asparagus. Endless ideas!
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. My participation in this program is voluntary and my opinions are my own, always have been, always will be.