Grandma’s Banana Pudding from scratch….there just aint’ nothin’ like this out there that tastes so good! This is the most requested food dish that family members ask me to bring to holiday get-togethers and any other time I can. My grandmother made some of the best treats ever and this ranks #1 on my list. I’m republishing this due to it’s popularity so enjoy and check out her other recipes if you get a chance.
Grandma's Banana Pudding
By June 6, 2011Published:
My grandma's homemade banana pudding recipe. It's the BEST nanner puddin' around!
- 1 Tbsp Flour ...and I mean a heaping Tbsp!
- 1/2 cup Sugar or a little more.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 boxes Vanilla Wafers save some to crumble for top.
- Bananas to suit your own taste. We don't like too many.
- In a saucepan, mix flour & sugar then add eggs and mix well.
- Start your burner and slowly add milk; a little at a time stirring constantly. Continue stirring until it has thickened.
- After thick, add butter and vanilla to taste.
- I would say add about 1 Tbsp of butter maybe. I double this recipe to make a bunch so it's hard for me to give you accurate measurements. Not too much vanilla either or it will taste almost chocolatey. Maybe a 1/4 tsp?? Again, not sure. Just taste it. You'll want to layer your wafer cookies and bananas for a pretty presentation. I don't do this though..I throw in a bowl..LOL. I refrigerate mine over night because I like it VERY cold but you should refrigerate it for a few hours.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Ingredients….. Here’s all the good stuff cooking in the saucepan……
While you’re cooking the the stuff in the pot, you can slice your bananas and layer your wafers & bananas. Don’t forget to keep stirring your pudding though.
Once your pudding is done, add the butter and vanilla. Remember, I double my recipe so that’s why there is more in my pudding! Now that it’s done, you pour into your dish with your wafers and bananas.
This is where the extra wafers come in. Crush them up and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle and Viola!
Remember to refrigerate….once nice and cold, sit back and enjoy!!!