I told you I’d share the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco recipe from the Pampered Chef party and I am! This is a recipe that can be made on the stove or in the microwave using the Deep Covered Baker. It’s a time saving, delicious, and healthy meal! You can see a few more pictures in my original post!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups uncooked mezze penne pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup dry white wine such as Chardonnay
- ½ tsp each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup packed)
- 2 cups diced grilled chicken breasts
- Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- coarsely ground black pepper (optional)
1. Spray Deep Covered Baker with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Slice garlic into baker using Garlic
Slicer. Add tomatoes. Cover; microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst, stirring
after 2 minutes. Crush tomatoes using Mix ‘N Chop. Add pasta, broth, wine, salt and black pepper.
2. Return baker to microwave; cover and microwave on HIGH 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring
after 10 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop basil with Chef’s Knife. Reserve 2 tbsp for garnish. Grate
cheese using Rotary Grater.
3. Carefully remove baker from microwave and remove lid, lifting away from you. Add remaining basil,
cheese and chicken to baker; mix well. Garnish with reserved 2 tbsp basil, additional Parmesan cheese and black pepper, if desired.
Cook’s Tips: An additional ¾ cup chicken broth can be substituted for the wine, if desired.
Any tube-shaped pasta requiring 9-11 minutes cook time, such as penne or rigatoni, can be substituted for the
mezze penne pasta.
To grill chicken in the Grill Pan, season 2 chicken breasts, about 6 oz each, with salt and black pepper. Heat Grill
Pan over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Spray pan with oil. Cook chicken 4-6 minutes or until grill marks appear.
Turn chicken over; cook 4-6 minutes or until center of chicken is no longer pink and Pocket Thermometer
Yield: 8 servings
Mix N’ Chop