Homemade macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite things, aside from mash taters. There’s nothing wrong with the box version at all and in fact, it’s much cheaper but when I’m in the mood for comfort food, I make mine homemade.
What I love about homemade mac and cheese, is being able to throw in whatever cheese you want. I didn’t go all out on this one but I would some day love to try adding some pepperjack cheese for a kick! Have any of you ever done that before? I just know it would be delicious. When I first made this, I sorta just used what I had in my pantry and fridge and I’ve just stuck with that over the years. And you wouldn’t have to use a crock pot with this recipe if you didn’t want to. You could simply boil your noodles all the way and melt all together in the same pot. I use a my crock pot so it’s off my stove, keeping warm, and handy for that last minute potluck meal. Healthy it’s not, but it gives me warm fuzzy feelings for the days I’m missing my grandma.
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
By November 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep: 6 mins
- Cook: 3 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 3 hrs 6 mins
Homemade macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite things, aside from mash taters. There's nothing wrong with the box version at all …
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cups cheddar cheese sharp and use the block. Don't use the bag cheese.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1+ cups milk You may need to add more.
- 1 small block velveeta (optional)
- Boil macaroni for about 6 minutes.
- Drain and pour in slow cooker, along with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well and let melt together, stirring occasionally. You may need to add milk along the way, depending on how thick it's getting.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife