Oh man, I just love the Fall season. I love the weather changes, football, the fact that kids are finally back in school, and definitely the food! This homemade Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa is the perfect way to warm up on those cooler mornings and is a great alternative to regular ol’ coffee!
As you can see, these cute little pumpkin marshmallows have been added for a little personality. Hey, you wanna stay young, think like a kid! You’ll be the best mom ever serving up this cup of fun to your kiddo, even more awesome if you let them help you draw the faces. These are easily done with the Wilton markers!
This pumpkin spice hot cocoa might just be a great, beginner family tradition for ya too. I can just see bonding moments being created with your daughter, mother, sister….all while y’all stir the cocoa together, telling super lame stories about how cool y’all thought you once were. This is enough for 2 mugs and while it would be so tasty to be selfish and have both mugs by yourself, I highly recommend you share with someone you love, and start creating that fun, comforting family tradition.
With that, let us toast the Fall season, great football, and blessings to everyone around us! CHEERS!
- 2 tbs. pumpkin puree (you can always add a little bit more if you'd like)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ C. white chocolate chips
- ½ C. milk + 1 ¼ C. milk
- Pumpkin spice marshmallows (optional)
- Wilton black edible marker
- In a small sauce pan melt the ½ cup of white chocolate chips and the ½ cup of milk on medium heat. Whisk well until all the white chocolate is melted.
- Slowly add in the 1 ¼ cup of milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Pour into 2 mugs and serve with the pumpkin spice marshmallows.
- Pumpkin Marshmallows Directions -
- Using the black edible marker draw 2 eyes and a mouth on each pumpkin. Have fun with it. This is a great fine motor activity for the kids and keeps them busy. ;)