The Wizarding World of Harry Potter — The Diagon Alley expansion looks amazing y’all!! It will be located within Universal Orlando’s second theme park, Universal Studios. Holy cow, the details are incredible. No joke!
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts and New Diagon Alley
Harry Potter fans have got to be super excited to hear about this! . In true Harry Potter fashion, y’all will be able to ride on the Hogwarts Express train, back and forth from the Hogsmeade Station at Islands of Adventure to the Kings Cross Station in London, Diagon Alley at Universal Studios. You will get to ride on Hogwarts Express…helllooooooooo, awesomeness! I got to see live photos during a webcast, I attended, of the INSIDE of the Hogwarts Express. It looks so realistic and is just mind blowing. As the train arrives in Kings Cross station, guests will see scenes from London before they are immersed into “Diagon Alley”.
The expansion will also include a brand new ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, with themed shops and restaurants in Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. And Honeydukes, the candy shop at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, will be expanding in Hogsmeade and merchandise from Zonkos will be at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes located in the new Diagon Alley.
I would love to take Truett to this and I’m pretty sure that my older boys would LOVE it.
Guests will be able to shop for the Dark Arts at Borgin and Burkes at Knockturn Alley too. It’s said to be on the ‘scary’ side but giving a nice balance to good and evil, much like the books and movies.
From the Diagon Alley Official Press Release
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Diagon Alley will give visitors the exciting opportunity to:
- Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross Station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade Station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside — as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
- Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes — a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
Details on the Shops at Diagon Alley
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes: A vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toysinspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions: Where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie: Featuring a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment: Guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes,binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies: Offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus: Featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- Leaky Cauldron: Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more a
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour: Frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others
I so enjoyed having the chance to attend the live webcast for this. It’s so exciting and makes me wanna figure out how to plan a family vacation there! Since we’ve never been, what an experience it would be huh?
Read more about the expansion of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter . Diagon Alley will be released this year with a planned opening for SUMMER 2014.