With Mother’s Day around the corner, I’m sure there’s bound to some need for gift ideas. I’ve got a great one for your Mom and/or that foodie lover in your life; a cutting board turned into a chalk board!
You can do this with just about any surface but I thought a cutting board would be fun to make for the Mom who loves to be in the kitchen. The video is under 40 seconds and will tell you everything you need to know. All supplies were purchased at Walmart for under $10 bucks! Enjoy!
Tutorial: A Cutting Board Turned into a Chalk Board
- Rust-Oleum Chalk Board Paint
- Cutting Board
- Painters Tape (or any kind you might have laying around that is similar)
- Foam Brush or Roller Brush (must be smooth to prevent bubbles)
- Tape off your area.
- Paint with Chalk Board Paint
- Let dry, then repaint. Repeat giving at least 3 or 4 coats.
- Peel off tape.
- Prime board with chalk by rubbing chalk all over it.
- Wipe off with dry paper towel.
- Ready to use!
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Follow me and my fellow Walmart Moms as we share our experiences and ideas! Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. My participation in this program is voluntary and my opinions are my own, always have been, always will be.