I have never made cookie balls but I remember when my friend Michelle made some for the class silent auction. They were delicious! When OREO asked if I wanted to make a cookie ball recipe using OREOS, I was like, “HECK YEA!”. While I realize it’s a mouthful, I came up with Nutty Caramel Covered Peanut Butter OREO Cookie Balls.
Me and my cowboy had fun making these, and of course taste testing a couple of variations. We ultimately went with these that taste very much like a snickers bar. The ingredients and process is simple y’all. And sorry for some of the blurred photos. My husband thought he’d help. -.- Also, the pie plate is from Temp-Tations and comes in a very affordable set! Great gift idea y’all.
We were gonna use regular OREO cookies as the base but when we saw the peanut butter OREO cookies, we couldn’ resist! There are gazillions of variations you can create using the original OREO cookie balls recipe so be be creative when making your own!
You want to go ahead and have your OREOS blended up with the cream cheese and made into balls. It takes no time to do. I used my Blendtec to get the OREO cookies to a fine crumble and mixed the rest with my hands!
Once the cookie balls were formed, I melted the caramel bits with the heavy cream. The cream helps it from hardening. I quickly chopped up some Fisher Nut pecans and set aside. Fisher Nuts actually has chopped pecans but I was out of those having used them in my Texas Pecan Pie Brownies. I only had pecan halves. When the caramel was melted, I let it cool for just a minute. I rolled each cookie ball in the caramel, then rolled in the pecans. I set all the rolled cookie balls onto some waxed paper and set in freezer for 10 minutes and kept refrigerated until ready to serve.
It’s a little messy but not bad and totally worth it! What a nice holiday treat this will make, don’t ya think? Truett loved them!
DELICIOSO HUH! So if you were gonna make a cookie balls recipe, what would you make? If you need some inspiration, follow the #cookieballs hashtag and see all sorts of goodies!
Nutty Caramel Covered Peanut Butter OREO Cookie Balls Recipe
By November 24, 2013Published:
I have never made cookie balls but I remember when my friend Michelle made some for the class silent auction. They were delicious! …
- 1 package OREO Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 8oz package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 11oz package Caramel Bits
- 1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 10.5oz package Fisher Nuts Chopped Pecans
- Blend OREO cookies until a fine crumble. Mix together with cream cheese until well blended.
- Form balls with the OREO and cream cheese mixture.
- Pour caramel bits and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and melt for about 45 seconds. Stop half way and stir. Let sit and cool for a minute or so. Poue chopped pecans in a bowl or plate.
- Roll cookie balls in melted caramel, then in the chopped pecans. Place on waxed paper and in freezer for 10 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Copyright © A Cowboy's Wife
Disclosure: Compensation was provided for my time & efforts to create this post. All opinions are my own, always.