Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster below:) I’ve missed 2 of the FFOF’s lately and I wanted to participate this week so here it is!
The theme is “dinner out”.
1. When going out to dinner what items do your order? Appetizers, soup, salad, dinner, dessert.
We order cheese sticks (appetizers), ceasar salad, dinner, and we never get dessert. It’s not cause we don’t want it, it’s because we are full!!!
2. How predictable are you when eating out? Do you usually order a meal that you’ve had before or do you like to try new things?
EXTREMELY predictable. In fact, I can tell you exactly what I get. Seafood: Grilled Mahi Mahi, mash potatoes, rice pilaf. Mexican: Either beef enchiladas or Carne Guisada, rice and beans. All around type: Chicken Fried Steak, mash potatoes, okra, corn. HA! How’s that for predictable!!
3. When eating at a restaurant, what beverage do you like to order with your meal?
I usually order sweet tea or sprite. Here lately I’ve been ordering water because of my diet:( I hate water!
4. Name a meal that you ate at a restaurant that you liked so much you tried to recreate it, as well as the name of the restaurant and the recipe.
I have tried to recreate Red Lobster’s biscuits!! DANG those are good. Recipe below:)
RED LOBSTER CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS
- 2 cups of Bisquick Baking mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup of shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese (say that fast 10 times!)
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
Heat oven to 450′. Combine mix, water and cheese in bowl. Roll out on lightly floured surface at 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits and place on ungreased baking pan. Melt butter and spices and brush the biscuits. Bake for 8-10 minutes!