My dad has always said that you should spend good money on shoes and a mattress because you’re gonna spend practically your whole life in them. Well, I’m gonna add a pillow to that saying too. I already don’t get a whole lot of sleep and especially don’t get a whole lot with my flat $10 one. I’ve been through a lot of pillows; A LOT. Mattress Giant sent a Tempur-Pedic Symphony pillow to try out. Now one of the things that I don’t particularly like about memory foam pillows is that many times they are much too firm for my taste but that was NOT the case with this pillow. It was actually quite soft. I slept with it all week and I have to say, it was pretty dang awesome. I was extremely surprised that I’d like it that much because I had preconceived feelings about these kinds of pillows going into it. My oldest son had slept with it for a few nights and loved it….and of course tried to steal it but he’s just gonna have to get his own because I have a new favorite pillow.
May is better sleep month and if y’all follow me on twitter or facebook, then you’ll know that I have gotten tons of sleep this month. I’m thinking that maybe after the past three years of hardcore blogging that I finally hit a wall and needed sleep. I have some tips to share on how YOU can get a better night’s sleep. These are tips I’ve learned over the years.
- Own a good pillow and mattress. Our mattress is pretty terrible actually and is well over 20 years old. We currently have a Tempur-Pedic topper to help make it a little more comfortable. I’m determined to get a new mattress one of these days but until then, I highly recommend one of those toppers.
- Tensing up. I know, sounds odd huh but I find that tensing parts of my body up and then a nice stretch helps me a lot..
- Have a routine. Now I don’t get a lot of sleep but I do tend to go to bed around the same time every evening for the most part and I always get up early. I find that if I sleep late, I actually feel worse…it’s like my body doesn’t know what to do with extra hours of sleep. Anyways, make a routine and try to stick with it.
- Of course avoid caffeine a few hours before bedtime. That doesn’t mean just soda y’all! That also includes chocolate which is a weakness of mine!
So because I’ve been getting a good night sleep, I want YOU to get a good night sleep too. Thanks to Mattress Giant, one winner will get their own Tempur-Pedic Symphony Pillow valued at about $100 bucks! I’m excited about the giveaway for you guys and even more excited that I’ll be building a long term relationship with these guys and hope to bring you even cooler giveaways down the road!
HOW TO ENTER
Leave a comment here telling me your tips on how to get a better nights sleep. Or share how you fall asleep. Do you have a bedtime routine? Do you drink a glass of milk before bed? **THIS IS A DAILY ENTRY!** So you’ll have more chances to win!
Additional entries include and must be left in a seperate comment to count:
- Fan or “Like” Mattress Giant on Facebook and leave them a comment over there telling them that A Cowboy’s Wife sent ya!
- Share on a social networking site like Twitter, etc.
Contest ends on May 25th at about 10pm CST. In full disclosure, Mattress sent me a pillow to review. My opinions are my own, always have been, always will be. Read more about my blogging ethics on my disclosure page.