White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies have to be some of the BEST cookies ever. These cookies are slightly crisp on the outside with a soft and chewy inside, full of chunks of macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Very drool worthy! What is your favorite kind of cookie?
- 1 pound (2 cups) butter, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 4 ¼ cup all purpose unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounce bag) white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 ¼ cup (4 ounces) macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1. This recipe makes a large batch of 48 full size cookies. The full batch will fit in a 5 quart mixer. Divide the recipe in half if needed.
- 2. Make sure the oven keeps the right temperature. The cookies may need a minute or two more or less than stated.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (no need to grease).
- 5. Measure flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and blend together. Set aside.
- 6. In a large mixing bowl, preferably a heavy-duty mixer, and using the paddle or beater attachment, beat butter until creamy.
- 7. Add brown sugar and beat again. Scrape down the bowl and add the granulated sugar. Beat until fluffy.
- 8. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 9. Add vanilla, beat and scrape again.
- 10. On low speed, add flour mixture 2 cups at a time, and mix well.
- 11. Mix in white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Mix only until blended.
- 12. Using a cookie scoop, place dough on prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly to allow for spreading.
- 13. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Do NOT over bake these cookies. They continue to bake for a few minutes after they are removed from the oven.
- 14. Transfer to cooling racks. Store in air tight container or plastic bag to stay soft and moist.
- 15. Makes 48 warm and gooey cookies.