Just had the chance to try some Organic Milk by Borden and it was GREAT! I admit, I was skeered to try organic milk but I thought it tasted great and the kids thought it was much better than regular milk. Absolutely loved the bottle as well. It took up less room and was very easy to hold….great for little kiddos.
In honor of happy taste buds, I’m sharing this fabulous smoothie recipe! Enjoy;)
- 2 ½ cups blueberries, frozen
- 1 cup chilled apple juice
- 1 container Borden Cherry Vanilla non fat yogurt
- ½ cup Borden Organic 1% Low Fat Milk (Borden Organic Whole, 2% Reduced Fat or Fat Free Milk may be substituted)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Garnish: fresh blueberries, assorted seasonal fruits, granola
Let’s get shaking!
1. Place all ingredients in a blender, secure top, and blend.
2. Serve immediately with your choice of garnish.
Kid-friendly Kitchen Tips:
1. For really cool sipping, place serving glasses in the freezer up to 8 hours before using. When ready to serve, remove glasses from freezer and fill with milkshake.
2. Change the recipe by substituting frozen raspberries or peaches for blueberries and changing the flavor of yogurt flavor to Borden Strawberry Banana or Raspberry Non Fat Yogurts. Very cool!
From Mermaid Cookbook by Barbara Beery (Gibbs Smith, 2008). Recipe adapted for Milk Products, LLC. © Barbara Beery 2008.