This Valentine’s Day Dum Dums Candy Bouquet would make a great teacher gift or youth pastor gift! It’s so easy to make and is sure to bring a smile to all.
I’ve seen similar bouquets over the years but never made one. What I love about this craft, is that little hands can help! I mean seriously, you’re just pushing in Dum Dums into styrofoam. Easy as pie y’all! If you don’t already have a planter’s pot, and can’t find one in red, just buy any color and paint it. That’s what I did. Walmart has everything you need to make this candy bouquet. They have a HUGE bag of 300 Dum Dums for less than $5 down the candy/cookie aisle and you can find the styrofoam ball & paint in the craft section.
Valentine’s Day Dum Dums Candy Bouquet
- Big Bag of Dum Dums (Mine was 300 count)
- Planter’s Pot
- Styrofoam Ball (bigger than pot)
- Strong Glue
- Paint & brush if you can’t find preferred color planter’s pot (I used the $.88 cent paints & foam brush)
- If needed, paint your pot. Allow to dry completely. It took 3 coats for mine to be completely covered.
- Glue your ball onto the pot. Just take your glue and go all around the top of the pot.
- Place ball on pot and press firmly for a minute or so. Allow to dry completely!
- Stick Dum Dums into styrofoam. I recommend starting from the top middle and working your way out. Do this until entire ball is covered. I actually used my entire bag of 300 Dum Dums!!
Disclosure: I am an official Walmart Mom. Walmart has provided me with compensation and gift card in return for my time & efforts to create this post. Opinions are my own, always.