Are you one of those cruisers that takes a pair of walkie talkies with you so that you can communicate with your kids or spouse across the ship? If you are, you might wanna read this post because 1) walkie talkies are sooooo 2007 and 2) Carnival Cruise has an app for that; the Carnival HUB app.
We have always used the dry erase method, that Vicki the procruiser shared, for letting our friends or kiddos know where we might be, but then we’d move somewhere else or miss out on something because we were busy looking for that friend or family member. The Carnival HUB app is genius y’all! Chance are, while you may not be using your phone to surf the internet, you are using it to capture all those hilarious and amazing moments. With it by your side, you’ll be able to access the Carnival HUB app quickly and know where everyone is, what event is about to take place, and so much more. You simply turn airplane mode on, log in, and pick your package.
5 Things I LOVE about the Carnival Hub app
- The countdown! Me and my husband loved this app so much! There was something about watching those days tick down, that gave us satisfaction in knowing that our trip is getting closer, one day at a time! This is as far as you can go on the app until you board the ship.
2) The chat feature! This is the heart of the app, in my opinion, and it allowed us to stay in contact with the 18 other couples we traveled with! My friend, Vicki, always takes board games so if a few couples were getting together for a game, they’d message our group and let us know when and where. It came in handy when our friend, Ted, decided to enter the hairy chest contest and our friends sent us a message letting us know so we wouldn’t miss it. I loved that I could message my man ask him to bring me a sandwich on his way back to the room. LOL It was the best thing EVER and when I take my son, Truett, who’s almost 11, it will be super helpful! I’ll be able to keep tabs on him easily and he’ll be able to find me whenever he needs to, as well as, find his way to places to eat and all the happenings!
3) What’s Happening y’all? I love that Carnival puts a paper guide in your room but it’s also amazing to have it within the app! It gave a detailed outline of what was happening, along with where and what time it was happening. You won’t miss a thing! You can even look ahead to see what’s coming up over the next few days!
4) See your photos using face recognition! This is super cool y’all. You know how you’d normally go down to deck 3 or 4 to see all your photos that were taken during dinners and such? Well now, you can use face recognition and they’ll show up in the app! My husband’s face was in several photos, including this one with our new friend, TJ. What I love, is that it will also show up on TJ’s app and he and my husband would both be able to purchase it. You can add your favorites throughout the week and then you’ll be able to purchase them. SO FUN and EASY!
5) Food & Drinks – What I really like about this is that it gives you the times things are opening and closing. There’s nothing worse than walking up to the lido deck for a burger from Guy’s, only to see they’re not open yet. WAHHHHH Many times, we’d grab some breakfast from the buffet, find a table for two outside, and sit and enjoy the view with our meal.
There are sooo many more features like shore excursions, maps, and wall of moments. I highly recommend this app, especially for people traveling with other friends & family. It’s such an easy way to stay in touch and keep up with everything that’s going on.
You can learn more and download it here—–> Carnival HUB app and guess what y’all? It’s only $5 bucks per person for the whole cruise.
Disclosure: Carnival was gracious enough to comp our cruise in return for my time & efforts to create this posts. All opinions are mine and truthful, as always. We are obssessed cruisers! ;)