What a week huh! I shared three beef recipes with you; Beef Spring Rolls with Carrots and Cilantro, Steaks with Mushrooms, Blue Cheese & Frizzled Shallots, and Asian Beef & Broccoli With Noodles. All three were fantastic and even though I hit a couple of bumps with ingredients (cause of my very small town), it all turned out good and they really were delicious. Each one came from the Beef, it’s what’s for dinner website where you can browse, rate, review and educate yourself on healthy cuts of beef.
One of the things I learned this week, was my appreciation for fresh produce. I live far from town so it’s hard for me to always fresh ingredients on hand but I learned that it’s worth the drive to get them. It really made a difference and was healthy and my goal for 2009 is live better.
There’s also a wonderful cookbook out called, “The Healthy Beef Cookbook“. You’ll find everything from healthy stir frys, steaks, to salads but one of my favorite parts is in the back of the book. It’s a section that educates you on the different cuts of beef and the nutrition values.
Some recipes included are:
- # Spicy Five-Pepper T-Bone Steaks
- # Southwest Burgers with Corn Relish
- # Thai Beef Noodle Salad
- # Tenderloin Sandwich with Balsamic Caramelized Onions
- # Barbecue Beef Stir-Fry with Couscous
- # Chipotle Pot Roast with Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- # Beef, Arugula, and Spinach Lasagna
- # Cowboy Beef and Black Bean Chili
- # Tomato-Basil Meatball Soup
- # Triple-Ginger Beef Dumplings
- # Garlic and Wine
- # Tenderloin with Cremini Mushroom Risotto
To encourage you to try some lean beef recipes, I’m giving away a $100 gift card (to hopefully buy some groceries to try one of these recipes) and 3 of these healthy beef cookbooks. That means there will be 4 winners!
Browse around the Beef, it’s what’s for dinner website. Come back here to this post and tell me something you learned, a recipe you think you’ll try or a feature you liked from the site.
Additional ways to enter….leave each one you do in a separate comment please.
- Subscribe to my blog via reader or email.
- Subscribe to my newsletter.
- Follow me at twitter and tweet this giveaway.
- Blog about it with a link back to this giveaway or this blog.
Giveaway ends on April 13th (10pmCST), which is a little longer than a week due to the Easter holiday. For details on how my giveaways work, read the official rules.