The post is sponsored by VELVEETA®. Opinions are my own, always.
I have a thing for cheese, y’all! I figure you already know that based on my awesome VELVEETA® past. This time, though, I wanted to share a VELVEETA® brunch recipe since my man doesn’t normally like to eat breakfast, but loves a 10am meal! This cheesy chorizo & potato Mexican brunch pizza is one of our go-to, super easy brunch faves!
Truett loves these because they’re ‘pizzas’! I like them because they’re easy to make and only have 5 ingredients (6 counting the VELVEETA®). They look pretty too, and let’s face it, who wouldn’t want to present something to guests that didn’t look like it was slaved over, right? I’ll totally take credit for all that hard work. While milk, salt, and pepper are staples for the average home, chorizo y papas (potatoes) are staples around this house. We cook chorizo with a whole bunch of foods but nothing beats eggs and taters. I just wanted to make it fun for Truett to eat and even help me make. That’s why I started creating the little pizzas!
VELVEETA®, aka Liquid Gold, is creamy and melts easily. We’ve used it in everything from dips to casseroles so why not a brunch recipe, right?!
With this recipe, I put VELVEETA® in the chorizo, egg, & tater mixture but I also melted some with a little milk to pour over the top of the pizza. I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we do and with such few ingredients, lots of flavor, and cheesy goodness, you should!
- 10 ounces chorizo
- 12 eggs
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (save juice)
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 pound VELVEETA®
- In your pan, sauté your potatoes, chorizo, and diced tomatoes with green chilies together, until taters are tender.
- In a bowl, crack & mix 12 eggs, adding about a ¼ of the VELVEETA® to the egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into pan with potatoes, chorizo, and diced tomatoes with green chilies and cook until done.
- While your eggs are cooking, heat a cast iron pan and place one tortilla at a time, and cook until it's somewhat crispy; set aside.
- Melt your remaining VELVEETA® with the juice from the diced tomatoes and/or some milk for a slightly thinner, pouring consistency.
- Assemble your pizza when everything is cooked! Place your tortilla down first, spoon the cooked egg mixture on the tortilla, and pour the melted VELVEETA® on top!
VELVEETA® lovers know it as Liquid Gold, and it has been a favorite of families since 1928. Known for its smooth, creamy texture and perfect melt, you can use VELVEETA® in a variety of recipes – and strike Liquid Gold.