Whether you live in the West Texas heat or you’re preparing for the fall and winter months, I’ve got a rich & creamy body butter with essential oils to soothe and soften your skin. It’s just heavenly!
If you don’t already know, I am completely new to making these types of things but holy cow, I’m having a blast with it! I’ve been using essential oils for 5 months now but am knew to incorporating them into recipes like this. I have an arsenal of recipes that I’m trying and tweaking and I just can’t wait to share more with you!
Now y’all don’t confuse body butter with lotion. Body butter is much richer & thicker when slathering on so it only takes a tiny amount. The great thing about this recipe, is that you are not only getting the benefits of coconut & shea butter, you are getting the amazing benefits of essential oils. I’m not some super healthy person but if I can change just ONE product in my home that is healthy and nontoxic, then that’s a start!
There are so many essential oils you could use but I went with Peppermint and Lavender. Lavender gives me a peaceful feeling and is a great choice to compliment skin products. Peppermint just makes me happy. Did you know that it takes about 1 pound of Peppermint plant to make a bottle of Young Living Peppermint oil!
What essential oils would you use? I’d love to hear your favorites and if you haven’t taken the plunge into essential oils, get yours now and don’t wait like I did because once you start reaping the benefits of them, you’ll wish you had started using them sooner!
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- ½ cup raw shea butter
- 10 drops Young Living Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Young Living Lavender essential oil
- Using a stand mixer will make this easier but a hand mixer will work. Mix your coconut oil and shea butter together until fluffy and creamy; about 5--8 minutes.
- Fold in both your Peppermint and Lavender drops.
- Makes 2 very full half pint jars. Might make 3 if you don't fill them up.
- Store in a cool, dark place.