This DIY yarn star frame is a simple craft with things you probably already have on hand, but if you want it to be specific to the Fourth of July, then you need red, white, and blue yarn! Your kiddos can even help you with this. It’s a fun way to show off those independence day photos too! I’ll be changing mine out with a new one this year. Scroll all the way down for other fun Fourth of July crafts and snacks! Enjoy!
- Using your star templates, trace them onto the carboard and cut out he cardboard.
- String your cardboard with yarn. Wrap the yarn around the star a few times in the center. Begin by stringing the points first. Wrap about 3 times around for the small star and 5 times around for the large star and then apply hot glue to the back of the star. Continue with another 3/5 wrappings and glue. Your yarn will want to slip from the base of the point up to the point of the cardboard star, therefore you’ll need to glue it. Continue by following to the other point until all five points are complete.
- Add yarn to the center by wrapping around three times and changing directions until the entire star is covered in yarn.
- Remove the backing from your frame and remove the glass. Place the 8×10 scrapbook paper in the frame and place the glass behind it. Add the frame backer and close frame.
- Position your stars, buttons and photo on the frame as desired. Affix with hot glue. Display and enjoy!
Need more inspiration? Check out these ideas!