The holidays, for us, have been full of joy, games, and food. Lots of food since my college boy is home. I’ve been prowling the web for new, easy recipes and came across this delicious Taco Bake. Toby is all about casseroles and so I knew I had to try this one out for him! He’s also great at giving an honest opinion. Read on to see what he thought.
A lot of the times, during the holidays, I make recipes that have been passed down but let’s get real….who wants to cook when the holidays are wrapping up? By that point, I’m exhausted. That’s when I usually browse the web for simple recipes to make to feed these boys of mine. You’d think after 20+years of cooking that I’d have plenty to make but I just get tired of the same ol’ meals. If you’ve followed my blog long enough, you know I’m a big fan of Kraft and I LOVE their recipes. They are simple, delicious, and always affordable. If you’ve never checked our their recipe hub, for holidays or not, you’re missing out! You’ll find all kinds of recipes for your everyday cooking!
This Taco Bake was really easy to make y’all. You’ll want start by boiling your water to get the Kraft Deluxe macaroni dinner going and cooking your ground beef with the Taco Bell taco seasoning.
They both get done in about the same amount of time so it goes quick! You’ll then want to stir in your sour cream into the Kraft macaroni dinner.
After all this is done, it’s time to layer them! You’ll start with half the mixture of macaroni, half of your ground beef mixture, and so on.
Toby has had a favorite meal for as long as I can remember, so you can imagine how surprised I was when he proclaimed this Taco Bake as his new favorite meal! I have no doubt that this meal will become one of your family’s favorites. Give it a try and report back to me! OH!! Be sure and also check out the coupons they offer and save yourself some bucks this year! They always have some available. Why not save and use that money towards something more fun, like a cruise maybe?!
- 1pkg. (14 oz. each) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- 1lb. ground beef
- 1pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL Taco Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- ¾ cup TACO BELL Thick & Chunky Salsa
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- PREPARE Dinner as directed on package. While macaroni is cooking, cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on package.
- STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner; spoon half the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup shredded cheese and remaining Dinner mixture; cover.
- BAKE 15 min.; top with salsa and remaining shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
Disclosure: Post is sponsored post by Lunchbox for my time & efforts to create the recipe.