I love bread so when I get a hold of a bread recipe, I lock it up tight. These are really good and are one of my favorite type of biscuits. Note that I said biscuits, not rolls. There is a difference! These Kentucky Biscuits are a cowboy favorite and one that I used all the time when we worked at the Quien Sabe Ranch. I also like to serve them for my family in a pretty pie plate but just a square dish would work too! Are you like me? Do you hoard bread recipes? If you prefer rolls, check these dinner rolls out!
VERY easy to make and they are so delicious!!! You MUST add them to your recipe box! They’ll be family favorite as soon as they taste the first bite!
I hope you all enjoy! If you want it as a sweeter treat, just add more sugar and eat it with honey! OH YEAH!
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- dash of salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk, Don't have buttermilk? No prob, just add 1 or 2 Tbls of vinegar to milk.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter, add milk and knead into soft dough. Do not over knead!
- Pat into an ungreased 6x6 pan. I use a pie pan myself so you can use whatever.
- Cut into serving size portions before you cook.
- Bake at 400' for 15 to 20 minutes or until done and golden brown.