I vow to not be wasteful with food this year and so I’m turning any extra leftovers into something! Remember those slow cooker meatballs I shared the other day? Well, these jerk pork meatball skewers are perfect with those few extra meatballs that you may have left!
If you don’t have any skewers, I highly recommend these bamboo pick skewers. They are shorter than most and perfect for this recipe.
I love freshening up leftovers this way! The pineapple, pepper, and cherry tomatoes will compliment the jerk pork meatball flavor, creating a new, fresh appetizer and it’s delicious! By combining the juices leftover from the meatballs and the pineapple juices, you’ll have a flavorful, easy-to-make dipping sauce!
To be less wasteful…yep, that’s one of my goals this year. What’s yours?
- Leftover Jerk Meatballs
- 1 Can Pineapple chunks
- Sweet Pepper (any color you prefer)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Open the can of pineapple chunks and drain, reserving juice for later.
- Separate the meatballs from any remaining juices in the slow cooker, reserve the juices.
- De-seed the sweet pepper and cut into bitesize chunks
- On short skewers or whatever you have handy, begin to thread the tomato first, then the pineapple.
- Thread the pepper on with the skin side to the pineapple for maximum color contrast.
- Lastly, skewer on a meatball.
- Take the pan juices and combine them with the reserved pineapple juices and bring to a boil. Serve in a ramekin for a dipping sauce.