I feel like we eat more during football season than any other time of year. Between concessions at school football games and NFL on Sundays, well, I’d say we probably need to play the game a little bit to counter all that food. But it is that time of year and who can resist recipes for game time? Not us! You’ve probably seen this Jalapeno Popper Dip floating around on facebook but I got it from my friend Shelby, who actually makes the recipes she finds instead of storing them.
This is a fantastic, delicious dip! It makes a generous helping too so it’s perfect as a game time recipe. Instead of buying the regular size Ritz cracker box, I buy the family size Ritz Crackers at our Walmart. You get more bang for your buck. Y’all should know by now that I do all my shopping at Walmart. It truly is a my one-stop shopping trip for every.single.thing. And I love that I can ad match with no problems. I have done this several times, particularly with milk.
Oh, and this dip is warmed until cheese melts but we found that it’s even great when it’s cold! Double bonus! Enjoy y’all! Who ya rootin’ for this football season?
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked crispy and diced
- 2 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4-6 Jalapenos, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cup fiesta blend cheese, (I buy great value)
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crushed ritz crackers
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, (in the can, not the bag)
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Combine the first 6 ingredients into a bowl and stir well.
- Transfer to an oven safe casserole dish.
- For the Topping: In a small bowl, combine crushed crackers, parmesan cheese, and melted butter. Stir well. Pour on top of dip.
- Bake at 350' until all is melted, about 20 minutes, give or take. Serve with Ritz crackers.
But wait! You gotta have something to eat after eating dip, you know? Here’s a quick, easy, and very budget friendly idea to serve up at your next game time meal.
Chicken legs are cheap. We bought the package in picture for $3.78 at Walmart. That’s a lot of chicken legs for less than $4 bucks y’all. Add a bottle of Wish Bone Italian Dressing, and you’ve got juicy chicken legs that are perfect for tailgating!
- Poke holes in chicken legs. This allows for more absorption.
- Place chicken legs in Gallon size Zip-loc storage bag.
- Pour a bottle of Wish Bone Italian dressing. I added extra peppercorns but that’s optional.
- Let marinate at least 4 hours but overnight is the best.
- Grill and serve!