If you haven’t noticed (and I hope you have), I’ve recently started posting only once or twice a week. This is intentional and it will be how I do things around here from now on. I’ve had a wonderful year but a busy one. One that had me so overworked that I couldn’t even remember what offline was anymore. I have renewed my love for things offline like crocheting, hanging with friends, spending more time with my husband, and just enjoying a little extra me time with reading; something I hadn’t done in forever. Hope you guys embrace this change and see it for the good!
Where’s my WINE drinkers???
While in Dallas recently, I was talking with a couple of ladies about wine. How I really don’t much about the different tastes and they were trying to describe dry, sweet, etc. Then the other day, I was sent some information on a wine quiz that helps determine your personality. This is great for someone like me who doesn’t know much about it and it’s fun to see how you come out that do drink it and know what you love. I’d love for you to give the quiz a try to see what your wine personality is. I’ve posted the questions and answers below. Be sure to check out the Mirassou Winery site because they have some wonderful information over there from recipes to wine tasting education.
I answered the questions and it has determined that I am a Chardonnay kinda gal–Sunny and Mellow! I’d say that suits me to a T AND it’s the exact wine I tried while in Dallas that I LOVED. Cool!
- * Sweet? — Riesling
- * Energetic? — Sauvignon Blanc
- * Sporty? — Pinot Grigio
- * Sunny and Mellow? — Chardonnay
- * A person of high standards? — Pinot Noir
- * Earthy? — Merlot
- * Adventurous? — Cabernet
1. Are you a real sweetheart or big softy?
2. Do you prefer sweet tastes over salty ones?
3. Do you run circles around your friends because you’re so energetic?
4. Are you constantly “on the go”?
5. Do you spend most of your free time on the golf course?
6. Do you tend to participate in sports rather than watching as a by-stander?
7. Is your disposition a happy one?
8. Do you “go with the flow”? Have you been described by some as being flexible or “mellow”?
9. Are you a perfectionist, never letting go of a project until it’s completely perfect?
10. Are you a “Type A” with extremely high standards for yourself and others?
11. Are you a nature buff, one who’d rather be out hiking or fishing or out enjoying the natural world?
12. Are you concerned for the environment?
13. Are you a powerhouse in the workplace who is ready to meet any challenge and sometimes referred to as “adventurous”?
14. Do you like to take risks, preferring to try things outside your comfort zone?
- * If you answered yes to questions 1 or 2, you are a Riesling.
- * If you answered yes to questions 3 or 4, you are a Sauvignon Blanc.
- * If you answered yes to questions 5 or 6, you are a Pinot Grigio.
- * If you answered yes to questions 7 or 8, you are a Chardonnay.
- * If you answered yes to questions 9 or 10, you are a Pinot Noir.
- * If you answered yes to questions 11 or 12, you are a Merlot.
- * If you answered yes to questions 13 or 14, you are a Cabernet.
For more info, you can head to the actual quiz.
Now to share a couple of things we ate this week. And I’d love to hear about what you ate this week. Did you try any new recipes??
Fajitas with handmade flour tortillas was a hit as usual! Fajitas are like the easiest meal ever to make and while I prefer chicken fajitas, my guys prefer beef. 4 against 1, oh well.
And steak, another cowboy favorite. We decided to use our new Lodge Griddle, well, my man decided to use it. He was dying to cook something on it and since it was pouring rain outside and our wood was wet, it gave him the perfect excuse to cook steak indoors. I’ve never shared our secret to our steak recipe…and I’m not today either but maybe some day…..