Nothing beats old fashioned pancakes from scratch, in my opinion, and so I’m sharing our favorite homemade pancake recipe.
When I cooked for the Fulton Quien Sabe Ranch, feeding a cowboy crew of anywhere from 15 and up, breakfast was important. These cowboys got up at 3 or 4am, fed their horses and saddled up for a long day’s work. They needed a good breakfast to get them through the long morning. Pancakes are a great filler and good counter for all the protein that I also served up.
When I made these, I used a measuring cup but I recommend a pancake batter dispenser. My favorites are the squeeze bottles. I love them because they’re not hard for my weak hands to squeeze and you can make silly faces if you want to “draw’ pancakes! But another popular option is the regular batter dispenser with a squeeze handle. Either way, both make the task of making pancakes simple!
HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup milk ( I usually add a bit more to my desired consistency)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix your dry ingredients together.
- Add in your wet ingredients. Mix until smooth and to desired consistency.
- Pour out onto semi-hot griddle; not too hot or the middle of your pancakes won't cook through. I use my tortilla griddle.
- When it's bubbled up on one side, flip!
- Serve with your favorite syrup, fruit or sugar!