Pickled Eggs are not on my list of favorite foods but they are for my husband and son. I love pickles and I love eggs but why anyone would want to eat a picked egg is beyond me. With that said, I’ll share the recipe that me and my man used, in which, him and Tyler devoured each and every single egg as soon as 8 days hit! Enjoy!
P.S. I’d double next time and make a lot more.
- 12 extra large eggs
- 1½ cups distilled white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf (we removed the bay leaf after about 6 days because it has such a strong flavor and didn't want it to overpower the other ingredients)
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the vinegar, water and pickling spice. Bring to a boil and mix in the garlic and bay leaf. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the eggs to mason jar of some sort. Fill the container with the hot vinegar mixture, seal and refrigerate 8 to 10 days before serving.