You can’t get much more of a hearty breakfast than oatmeal, and I have a great recipe to get you on the right track, Banana Nut Oatmeal, using Quaker Oats of course. Eating Oatmeal also helps fight cardiovascular disease so it’s a great habit to start.
It’s no surprise to me that Quaker is bringing you this very cool 25 Bloggers, 25 Days contest. This is such a HUGE event and I am so proud to be one of these 25 bloggers! Each blogger has been assigned a specific day to share this with you, mine is today. The blogger who can get most the most votes with valid photo links, will win $5000 donation to their local hunger charity!!!!! It starts at 9:00am CST and will go for 24hrs. This is where you come in. Not only will you be helping me win some major bucks for my local hunger charity, you are showing your support for Quaker Oats, who is trying to encourage everyone to eat a hearty breakfast and live a healthier lifestyle in 2009!
HOW TO SUBMIT
- 1) Visit Start with Substance and read the rules.
- 2) Join Facebook. I’m sorry but you have to join but you can meet some wonderful people and organizations through it! You can even friend me if you want! AND see the photo I uploaded.
- 3) Once you’re a member of Facebook, go to the Quaker Oats Facebook page and become a fan. This is towards the right of the page.
- 4) Further down below the “become a fan” you will see The Quaker man where you will download his face.
- 5) Download it, print it, take a photo of you or a family member(s) with the Quaker man you just printed out.
- 6) Upload your picture to the Quaker Facebook page and then you need to grab the link for your photo.
- 7) Come back here to this post and leave the URL to your picture in my comments. NOTE: This is the only way they can track how many submissions have come from my blog so it’s very important to come back and give me the URL to the photo!!.
I realize this is a lot to do but it’s for a great cause. If you get stuck and need a little help, please feel free to email me at lori (at) thecowboyshack (dot) com and put Quaker in the subject.
I encourage you to comment even if you are not entering. I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject/cause. You can also take the UPC’s from your Quaker products and enter them on the same page. For every one entered, they have to dish out some food to a food bank charity! So please take the time to do that.
I have 24hrs to get the most submissions (valid photo links in my comments) in order to win the $5000 donation to my local hunger charity so I can’t stress enough how important it is for YOU to be involved. It’s such a large amount of money that could really help a ton of hungry people. This starts for me when the post is published at 9am CST, Jan.23rd thru 9am CST, Jan 24th. Entries will only be valid during those times. Only one comment, per email address, per person.
I truly hope that you reach down to help those in need by completing this fun and simple contest because regardless if I win or not, someone will will get to give their local charity $5000 and THAT is awesome!
SOMETHING FOR YOU
Quaker has given me 2 coupons, each for $1 off any Quaker Oats products, to give to you. And they’re throwing in a case of oatmeal for my local food bank! WOOT!
I will choose from the comments below to win the coupon. There will be 2 winners. I’ll even give you extra entries in for the coupons if you stumble, twitter, and/or blog about this!!
***Disclaimer: The Quaker Man logo must remain in intact and may not be modified in any manner. Readers must use the exact download of the image, and all entries need to be wholesome in nature. No nudity, defamation, obscene language or inappropriate, rude behavior in the photograph submitted will be accepted. Compliance with these rules is subject to the sole discretion of The Quaker Oats Company;The photo or video must be taken in the reader’s home with their family member(s) or feature just themselves. All submissions are subject to the Facebook Terms and Conditions.
This entire event ends on Feb.13th so do what you can to support!