If you don’t already know, I’m a rancher’s wife. That makes for a lot of beef in the freezer. There are lots of times, though, that I want something different, like pork! Eating jerk pork meatballs is kind-of-a special dinner in this household and boy are they tasty!
We use our slow cooker a ton during the winter time but always have the same ol’ meals. This is a nice change with a lot of flavor. Since I’ve got grown boys to feed, I usually double this recipe. Sometimes I have leftovers, which I have another recipe for!
Isn’t the slow cooker an awesome invention?! I love mine so much! Making freezer meals is something I want to do more in the next year to save time and money. I’ve spent a couple of 8+hour days with a close friend doing this and it was great! These pork meatballs would freeze well too if you wanted to do that.
If you have leftovers, try the pork skewers!
- 1lb Ground Pork
- ½ C Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 T Green Onion, minced
- 2T Sweet Pepper, minced
- 1 Habanero pepper, crushed
- ½ t Onion Powder
- ½ t Garlic Powder
- ½ t Allspice
- 1 t Thyme
- 1 t Ginger, minced
- 1 Egg
- 1 C Jerk Marinade
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop dollops of the mixture to form a meatball. Be mindful that the pepper is very hot so wash your hands directly after contact with the mixture!
- Sear the meatballs quickly on all sides possible to seal in the moisture.
- After searing, place the meatballs into a slow cooker, and add the marinade.
- Cook on high for approximately 2 hours, lightly stirring at the 1 hour mark.
- Serve with rice and Enjoy!