Cowboy butter on your steaks is the BEST y’all! Don’t stop there, though, you can also add it to corn on the cob, toast, and more. This cowboy butter recipe is smoky and melts in your mouth.
As you can imagine, working on a ranch, we eat quite a bit of beef and steaks are no exception. Over the years we have learned how to perfect a steak and one of the big secrets to a great steak is butter. You could easily use regular butter to enhance your steak but when you add some simple ingredients, you can really ramp up the flavor!
All you need to do is dump all your ingredients in a bowl and mix them up. Grab some paper and roll it up. Refrigerate and slice as needed. That’s it! This is amazing over some squash cooked on the grill!
The possibilities are endless y’all. Don’t be afraid to add your own ingredients to try something new. You can make it bolder, add more spice or use all Italian spices and spread it on toast to go with your lasagna!
YUM y’all!! I’m making myself hungry.
- 1 c butter, salted
- 1/2 tsp paprika, smoked
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- dash red pepper flakes
- ¼ c parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest to taste
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together, very well.
- On a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place the mixed butter in a column shape.
- Wrap the long side over each other, and wrap up. Twist the ends much like a candy wrapper.
- Refrigerate until firm and solid.
- Slice the log into slices as needed to melt on top of the steak, potatoes or corn, etc.