What’s the best thing about watching football at home? The appetizers y’all! And what game-day would be complete without Spicy Buffalo Wings?
To be honest, I am not a fan of buffalo wings but my husband and boys LOVE them! I wanted to surprise my man by making our own version because I normally just buy the store version of them or order them at a pizza place. It was very simple to mix up and they tasted awesome (according to my husband and son).
I bought this bag of chicken wing sections. It was a 4lb bag that turned out to be quite a bit. You’ll probably have most of the ingredients on hand already which really cuts the spending down. You may have to buy the pepper sauce but just pick your favorite and buy enough for a cup. We used a cowboy Louisiana pepper sauce but regular ol’ Tabasco sauce would be fine too.
While some may fry buffalo wings, we opted to bake them in the oven. It was easier to just do the whole bag at once vs batches in a fry daddy. And well, a lot healthier really too. Since it’s not 100′ weather anymore, it’s not so terrible using the oven.
Hope y’all enjoy the spicy buffalo wings and let me know who your favorite teams are!
- 1 4lb bag of chicken wing sections
- 1 cup pepper sauce, tobasco, Ken Raye's, etc...
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne
- ½ teaspoon garlic pepper
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bake the chicken wing sections according to directions on the bag.
- While chicken wings are baking, take the remaining 7 ingredients and mix together in a large bowl; set aside until wings are done.
- When wings are done, set on paper towels to remove excess grease. I recommend patting them down with another paper towel to remove as much as you can.
- Place chicken wings into the bowl and mix thoroughly, making sure wings get covered well.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing.