I’m not quite sure why it’s not called a Tomato, Onion, & Cucumber Salad considering onions are in it too but, nevertheless, it’s a favorite around here and an easy to one to make!
Per my mother’s advice, I used a big mason jar to give it “the look”. Of course, I was unable to find a lid and had to transform into MacGyver for a minute but no problemo for this girlio. I simply placed a plastic wrap sheet on the top of the jar and stretched a rubber band around to seal it;) My mom should really get her own food blog…she would make it wonderful!
Salads increase in popularity over the summer because they’re a cool, healthy dish that’s easy to make and serve. I personally don’t like onions or cucumbers so this isn’t one of my faves. I am picky though and am trusting everyone else’s taste buds on this dish. They praise it every time unless they’re just stroking my ego???
- 4 medium tomatoes diced or sliced the way you want them
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled & sliced
- 2 onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- ¼ c. Oil, I used Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. minced fresh parsley.
- Cut and set aside your cut up tomatoes, cucumbers & onions.
- In your bowl or mason jar, pour in the remaining ingredients and mix or shake.
- Toss in your cut up veggies and mix or shake until thoroughly coated.
- Marinate 2hrs before serving.
Viola! Ready to serve and eat:)