Speaking of family, I have a pretty great one, handsome at that. There are five of us; myself (38), my husband Noe (aka Rooster)(43), my oldest Tyler (21), my middle son Toby(18), and the youngest cowpoke of them all Truett(8). We live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, aka, Sweetwater Texas (Home of the World’s Largest Rattlesnake Roundup). Tyler, my oldest, is a cowboy at heart but currently working with for the Turbine (windmills) companies. He loves music, trucks, and being active outside working. He should be headed to the Marines Bootcamp in March! Toby is the brainy one. He’s smart, determined, and is debating between engineering or sports science. Loves anything techie. Truett…..that lil’ stinker is something now. He currently loves anything to do with cars, trapping, hunting, and sports. He’s excellent at games and is not afraid of the camera. My husband is old fashion, quiet, hard working, and builds bits and spurs in his spare time. He’s pretty handy with a horse and loves to hunt, rope, and be with family. I love them all so much. They are my heart & soul.
I started out as a self-taught problogger. In 2007, I didn’t even know what a blog was, did tons of research and started this one. The rest is history….I’m a social media influencer, gamer mom, and tech nerd at heart. I dropped out of school the first week of my junior year to chase that handsome cowboy down. We married in January 1993 and had our 22nd Anniversary on January 30th, 2015. Still going strong. I first started blogging for money but quickly realized that wasn’t near as important as the relationship I was developing with my readers. I worked hard through the years to develop a trust with them and today, I have a very loyal following that I can be completely transparent with, who accept me and my blog for what we are. I *heart* them.
THINGS I LOVE
- Sports; rodeo, football, racing, golf, basketball
- Tech Gadgets
- Office Supplies
- Gummie Bears
- Doing things within community
- Games (outside, video, board)
THINGS I USE
- iPad (actually, not anymore. Donated it)
- Xbox 360
- Nintendo Wii
- iMac & PC
- Nook Color (actually, not anymore. I fell on it and broke it.)
- Canon Rebel (wishing for a Canon 7D)
I’ve had the opportunity to partner with many major brand names & companies like Lifetime (where I was the food editor at one time). I’ve been:
- a Spokesblogger for Kraft Velveeta (featured in the May quarterly issue of Taste of Home for her recipe creation of Shrimp Stroganoff Casserole.)
- a member of the Panasonic LIHD Family (received over $20,000 of Panasonic equipment to review & keep)
- an Ambassador for Wilton (always learning how to decorate cakes, several visits to headquarters)
- an official Walmart Mom (has the opportunity to meet with the CEO of Walmart & others to discuss important topics on behalf of Moms and Walmart Shoppers everywhere.)
- a member of the Hanes Comfort Crew (have been able to have socks & underwear donated to my local charity, among other opps)
I’ve attended several events including Frito-Lay’s campaign launch with a red carpet event with Brooke Burke and Mel B, Walmart’s Annual Shareholder’s meeting(for the past 3 years), the Nissan’s Quest Media launch, Bertolli’s “Into the Heart of Italy” with Rocco Dispirito and Marisa Tomei, Pillsbury Bake-off, Cruised with Carnival, and many many more. I’ve met some wonderful celebrities, my favorite being Shaq.
I was named as one of the 50 most powerful and influential women in social media by Nielsens Online. I also received a Texas Social Media award where I was recognized in Austin, Texas during SXSW.
I have worked with many brands including KitchenAid, Wilsonart International, Cheverolet, Nikon, Kraft, Disney, Carnival Cruise Lines,Hanes, SeaWorld, Pillsbury, Breville, Oscar Mayer, QVC, Sony, Panasonic, Epson, Bare Escentuals, SC Johnson, Nestle, Officemax, Nintendo, Royal Caribbean, and many many more.
I always disclose and believe in transparency 100%.
You can follow and find me at any of these places!