The TEXAS heat is sizzlin’ but it doesn’t stop us from eating! Tons of grillin’ is happening on the ranch and I’m servin’ up sides to keep your taste buds cool and happy with flavor.
Around these parts, any sort of potato salad goes. Some make it with mustard, some use mayo but if you’re really wanting to step outside the box and add some pizazz to your tater salad, try one of the cooking cremes that Kraft Philadelphia offers. I used the Italian Cheese & Herb in my chicken and noodles, a warmer dish, and today I’m using it in tater salad. I’ll be sharing another cold side, Asian Slaw, for you folks who want something different than potatoes.
what you need
- 3 lb. new red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Reduced Fat Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Place potatoes in 2-qt. microwaveable dish. Add water; cover with lid. Microwave on HIGH 12 to 15 min. or just until potatoes are tender; drain. Place in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix lightly.
The good news, my family loved it! The bad news, there was literally only enough to fit into this bowl for me to take a photo. If you need some new inspiration in the kitchen, check out their cooking cremes and recipes!
Here’s the Creamy Asian Slaw recipe!
what you need
- 1 tub (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Original Cooking Creme
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
- 2 pkg. (12 oz. each) broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Combine cooking creme and dressing in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate 1 hour. Stir before serving.
SOMETHING FOR YOU!
TELL ME WHAT YOU’D MAKE WITH ONE OF THE PHILADELPHIA COOKING CREMES! SHARE A RECIPE AND YOU’LL BE ENTERED TO WIN A $50 GIFT CARD AND COUPONS.
One entry per person, per day and each recipe must be different. I’d love for you to share on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter but it’s not a requirement. Giveaway ends on July 1st around 10pm CST. Good luck!