Asian stir fry, never been a fan until now!!! I have to say that this was my favorite recipe out of all the beef ones I did this week. I didn’t know what to expect using the ramen noodles but was very happy with this dish! And it wasn’t just me either, the entire family loved it. I’m telling you, I have hard time getting my oldest to eat vegetables but he really enjoyed this and said it was his second favorite. My toddler gobbled it up like there was no tomorrow and we all had fun sitting and chatting at the table while eating this dish. Great family time.
This was so easy to make and really is a 30 minute meal. Yes, I did have one problem this recipe. I know, I know….my small town doesn’t make it easy on me to say the least but I had a hard time finding a lean cut of meat for this recipe. So pretend it is one and we’re all good.
I had a lot of fun making these beef recipes this week. I felt like stepped outside my comfort zone and was open to the new dishes. I’m glad I did because they were all great! Beef, it really is what’s for dinner ’round here!
P.S. Keep your eyes open for a little surprise tomorrow.
- 1-1/4 pounds beef top round or top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind (optional)
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine seasoning from ramen noodles with cornstarch mixture in large bowl. Add beef; toss.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 1 minute. Add noodles and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Stir-fry 1/2 of beef 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with orange rind.
- Total recipe time: 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.