I love bread so when I get a hold of a bread recipe, I lock it up tight. These are really good and are one of my favorite type of biscuits. Note that I said biscuits, not rolls. There is a difference! I used to make these for the cowboys all the time and got pretty great “reviews” from them:) I served them for my family in a pretty pie plate, like pioneer woman’s, but just a square dish would work too! With that said, here we go…….. (recipe below)
The first picture is of the ingredients but they are a bit blurry since I was trying to show off my neon bronc rider light!! Sorry ’bout that;)
VERY easy to make and it’s really good. I hope you all enjoy! If you want it as a sweeter treat, just add more sugar and eat it with honey! OH YEAH!
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- dash of salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk, Don't have buttermilk? No prob, just add 1 or 2 Tbls of vinegar to milk.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter, add milk and knead into soft dough. Do not over knead!
- Pat into a ungreased 6x6 pan. I use a pie pan myself so you can use whatever.
- Cut into serving size portions before you cook.
- Bake at 400' for 15 to 20 minutes or until done and golden brown.