Looking for a side dish for your Cinco de Mayo festivities? Cilantro Lime Rice is a simple and tasty dish to get you going.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 C Basmati Rice ( best rice ever )
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 TBSP finely chopped Cilantro
- ¼ cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- Bring 8 C of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the rice, salt, and a bay leaf.
- Return the water, rice, sale and bay leaf to a boil.
- Boil for an additional 12 minutes , uncovered.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Using a fine strainer drain the rice.
- Rinse with hot water.
- Put the rice in bowl.
- Cut the cilantro into little pieces.
- Juice the lime.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir in the cut cilantro, lime juice and lemon juice.
- Add salt if more seasoning is needed.