When planning your next getaway, the emerald coast of Florida is a must see! There is a hidden gem in the heart of this beautiful place–Destin.
This little beach town is a wonderful getaway! Destin is by far one of the most beautiful places I’ve been to. While the summer months are idea for travel, don’t let it stop you from visiting any other time. You might catch some rain in months like November but there’s TONS of stuff to do that’s indoors!
Here are 6 reasons you should put it at the top of your list!
1. Hotel. The Emerald Grand at Harbor Walk Village is a gorgeous. It is definitely the place to stay for your trip to Destin. It is classy, pristine, friendly, has amazing rooms with spectacular views; and with the Harbor Walk Village literally steps away, there are tons of things to do… Restaurants galore, a plethora of shops, water activities, views that will take your breath away, and so much more!! The Emerald Grande really is your best option for accommodations in Destin!
2. Atmosphere. One of my favorite things about Destin was the atmosphere. It was so relaxed and friendly. You get this small town feel that leaves you wanting to pack up and move to this treasure by the sea!
3. Beaches. The waters are simply beautiful. This area is not called the Emerald Coast for no reason. They have the most incredible shades of green I have ever seen. It literally took my breath away!
4. Nightlife. From Coyote Ugly, AJ’s Seafood & Oyster Bar, to Margaritaville … And more! There is something fun for everyone. Lots of great people, dancing, and good clean fun to be had!
5. 4-D movies. A short drive from the hotel is Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone. They have lots of fun things to do there. Mini golf, arcade games, etc… and of course…. The 4-D movies!!!! They were the best part of this experience. I don’t remember laughing so hard! My group and I enjoyed this very much. I recommend the “Wild West” movie!
6. LuLu’s. Another great find on the Emerald Coast is LuLu’s. This restaurant is a concept born from Jimmy Buffett’s sister, Lucy Buffet. You will find the most scrumptious and locally caught seafood here! Try the fried crab claws. They are so delicious!!! They also have a fantastic allergy menu for those concerned about certain ingredients.
Destin truly is paradise nestled in in the heart of the beautiful emerald coast of Florida. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.